Wearing Sunscreen Will Keep You Smiling All Summer
A lot of people have been complaining about the heat in our town this summer and some have even started wishing for fall. You won’t hear anyone at Smiley Central complaining though, we love summer and spending as much time as possible outside. Did you know that 20 minutes of time outside gives you a healthy dose of Vitamin D? One thing that a lot of people forget to do when spending time outside is to apply sunscreen — and a lot of people that do remember to wear sunscreen aren’t doing it correctly!
If you know you’re going to be spending time in the sun, you should apply sunscreen to 15 – 30 minutes before going outside. Make sure to cover all areas that will be exposed to the sun – and don’t forget places like your ears, hands and tops of your feet! And apply liberally; most people only apply 25 – 50 percent of the recommended amount. Doctors recommend that you use one ounce of sunscreen to adequately cover all areas exposed to the sun – that’s about the size of a shot glass. Once you’re outside, you should reapply your sunscreen every two hours. You should also reapply after you go swimming or if you’ve been sweating a lot.
Summer time is so much fun, but you’ll definitely be smiling more if you’re not sunburned. We sure hope this snoozing smiley remembered to slather on the SPF before napping in the sun!
- Summer Fun
- Take it Easy and Take a Bubble Bath
- Celebrate Independence Day with Fireworks History
- Ooey Gooey S’mores are a Summer Staple
- Show Dad You Care With a Father’s Day Smiley
- Use Yoga (and Smileys) to Reduce Stress
- Share Easter Greetings With Egg-citing New Smiley Pack
- Celebrate St. Patty’s Day With a Smiley Pack
- Who Stole the Cookies from the Cookie Jar? Introducing Social Crumbs!
- Channel Your Inner Gangster with Baddies Smiley Pack